Working on the First Line alongside existing First Line employees you will be taking telephone calls from clients who are having problems with their IT. This could be in the form of forgotten passwords, WiFi issues, internet issues, email issues, remote access and VPN and so on.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
07 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- First Line IT helpdesk calls
- Troubleshooting IT issues
- Resetting lost or forgotten passwords
- Troubleshooting WiFi issues
- Managing Office 365 users and settings
- Managing Active Directory servers and settings
- Troubleshooting VoIP phone system issues
- Restoring deleted and lost files from backup
- Creating new users
- Setting up laptops and PCs
- Installing Windows 10 on laptops and PCs
- Troubleshooting printing issues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Information communications technician apprenticeship standard level 3
- Functional skills in English and maths as required at level 2
- End point assessment
- The apprentice will spend one day per week on day release at college at our Blossomfield Campus in Solihull
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time role within the company post apprenticeship if the applicant is deemed suitable.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3 (D) and above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent IT (Grade Level 2) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SOLIHULL COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY CENTRE
0121 678 7148
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.