Apprentice Facilities Services Operative MOULSHAM JUNIOR SCHOOL
We want to add to our highly skilled Site Team, with a young, hard-working and proactive Apprentice Facilities Operative, who has general practical skills, enjoys physical activities and has a “can-do” approach. You'll be well supported by colleagues and will be offered training on; health & safety, fire legionella, asbestos and COSHH.
Closing date: today
£8,754.20 to £17,290.00
We attach great value to our staff and we aim to nurture/develop them to be the best they can be, in which ever role they choose. Other benefits incl; paid holiday and sick pay, a workplace pension and access to health and well-being services.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
07 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a main key-holder your duties will include unlocking/locking of the school premises – this will also include site security and attending some out-of-hours call-outs (this may also include some evening lettings and lock-ups after school events).
Further responsibilities will include general maintenance, site repairs, portering, recycling, maintaining supplies of materials and liaison with external contractors – all key elements to this challenging and eventful role.
- This route is an excellent opportunity for someone with a practical mind and desire to work hard but who isn’t so keen on simply working ‘on the tools’.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will gain; a Level 2 Certificate in 'Facilities Services Principles' and recognition as an Institute of 'Workplace and Facilities Management/Associate'.
- Functional skills if required.
- You will also attend training to raise awareness of; Health & Safety, Legionella, Asbestos, Fire and First Aid. As well, manual handling, working at height and management of dangerous substances.
- Further down the line there may also be an opportunity to undertaken an IOSH course (Institute of Safety & Health).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Site Team roles in schools are generally secure and well supported roles, that offer a range of benefits and can easily turn into a lifelong career.
If you apply yourself in this environment, there are a number of long-term careers an Apprentice could aspire to follow in schools e.g. moving to a senior Site Assistant or Assistant Site Manager. Then with experience, training and a good track record, you can aspire to a full-time Site Manager post, earning easily between £25-30k.
Now, with multi-academy trusts on the increase managers can move on to over-seeing facilities issues across multiple-sites and then the salary and prestige are considerably higher.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HIT TRAINING LTD
Facilities services operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.