Heavy Vehicle Apprenticeship HEMINGWAY'S COMMERCIAL VEHICLE REPAIRS LTD
The successful candidate will be working in a busy workshop alongside an experienced mechanic and will be trained to repair heavy vehicles, commercial vehicles and trailers. You will work towards a Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
13 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be trained in:-
- Routine heavy vehicle maintenance
- Remove & replace heavy vehicle chassis units & components
- Remove & replace heavy vehicle engine system units & components
- Remove & replace heavy vehicle transmission & driveline system units & components
- Diagnose & rectify heavy vehicle electrical system faults
- Overhaul heavy vehicle engine mechanical units
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and Maths (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Work along long serving employee's gaining experience
- Possibility to progress within the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DONCASTER ROTHERHAM AND DISTRICT MOTOR TRADES GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Heavy vehicle service and maintenance technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.