Business Administration Apprentice Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
Your training will commence with the Single Point of Referral (SPOR) Admin Team based at Quayside House. As you grow and develop in the role, you will work at other sites within the Black Country within Mental Health Services (to be discussed and agreed with you) to expose you to new environments and expand your knowledge, skills and experience.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
06 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- You will be expected to undertake a wide variety of administrative tasks working alongside existing teams of administrators. You will receive training, supervision and mentorship throughout the course of your apprenticeship. You will be expected at times to work at other sites across the Black Country as part of your development across operational and corporate services and may be required to work from home for part of your apprenticeship.
- You will demonstrate good customer service skills working on reception; dealing with the public and patients face to face and over the telephone. Part of your working day may also include time in the health records library retrieving files, pulling health records for clinics, archiving and filing
- You may be required to prepare appointment letters from templates, undertake copy typing and input data into the IT systems/patient database
- You will be answering telephone calls and dealing with patient or management queries, taking messages appropriately for the clinical teams and/or management team following internal processes and procedures
- You will need to demonstrate good keyboard skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office applications. You will be exposed to differing aspects of key roles within a welcoming team and will gain valuable insight into the diverse elements of a busy environment.
This apprenticeship will enable you to develop your knowledge and understanding of a administration environment, whilst gaining invaluable practical work experience within the NHS.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Adminstration Level 3
- End Point Assessment
- In-house training
- No college day release
- Where a candidate has not already achieved Level 2 English and Maths, they must do so before taking the end-point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Fixed-term for 18 months. You will have valuable work experience and be qualified to Level 3.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
About disability confident
DUDLEY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.