Social Media Executive Apprentice at Go Media International ANDREW BLUCK AND JOHN WILLIAMS
Main learning objectives: Digital etiquette, basic marketing principles, written communication, build and implement digital campaigns, research, development, delivery and analysis of campaigns.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
30 Oct 2022
06 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The position includes creating and scheduling social media posts to generate interest in and spread knowledge of our brand.
While working within a team you will also need to be able to work under your own initiative.
You will gain experience in the following Digital Marketing areas:
- Email campaigns
- Social media post design
- Post creation using Canva for Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Training will also include working on our paperless inhouse system and also the WIX web design platform.
If this is the perfect opportunity for you, we would suggest that you apply now.
Digital Marketing skills developed:
- Creating digital campaigns across a variety of digital platforms
- Posting regular content on social media channels
- Designing engaging email campaigns
- Involved in updating the company website
- Analysing digital campaigns and report to your line manager
- You will be interacting with our tele marketing team creating posts and uploads for new clients created from advertising packages sold to businesses
A confident telephone manner will be required as you may need to interact with clients speaking to everyone from small business advertisers to large corporate clients across a range of industries.
Basic job requirements:
- Previous experience within social media or similar media interests would be an advantage.
- A strong relationship builder.
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Organised and confident.
- Advanced knowledge of IT & an excellent communicator.
Training and plenty of ongoing support provided to all of our staff.
Successful applicants will be required to attend an induction period in our office.
The successful applicants will be hard working, with a tenacious attitude towards perfection,
a hunger for productivity and be able to work independently, and as part of a growing team.
We look forward to hearing from you!
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Digital Marketer Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Main learning objectives: Digital etiquette, basic marketing principles, written communication, build and implement digital campaigns, research, development, delivery and analysis of campaigns
- CIW Internet Business Associate Qualification
- Functional Skills – if required
- EPA (End Point Assessment) – Towards the final few months of the apprenticeship you will complete your End Point Assessment. This includes a portfolio containing evidence of real work projects, a project, an employer reference and a structured interview. All assessment methods will be conducted and graded by an independent EPAO
- This Apprenticeship is completed within the workplace. You will be assessed through written work, verbal discussion and observation throughout your training
- You will be given time by your employer to complete portfolio work, attend training, workplace shadowing and any other opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Future employment and progression in qualifications
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 - 9 (A*-C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade 9-3 (A*-D)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-3 (A*-D)) Essential
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)