Tennis Coaching Apprentice WORLD CLASS SPORTS TRAINING LTD.
An opportunity for an apprentice to learn a dual role of tennis coaching and project work. How to coach tennis to youngsters from 2 years of age to adult level, giving them the tools, knowledge, and accreditation to help improve a player’s game. They will work alongside experienced tennis coaches who have coached all the way to the professional game.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
£150p/w Upon passing LTA Level 1 – Weekly pay rises to £165.00 per week - Company pays course fee (Company Approved Courses) Upon passing LTA Level 2 – Weekly pay will rise to £180.00 per week - Company pays course fee (Company Approved Courses)
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
31 Oct 2022
07 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To assist the lead tennis coach in the delivery of the sessions
- To help setup and pack down equipment before, during and after sessions
- To feed balls for all types of shots, give instructions to students and control and organise the class according to the direction given by the lead tennis coach
- To assist the lead coach in designing lesson plans and/or providing relevant development goals for the group
- To help deliver every lesson according to health and safety regulations
- To advertise the club daily by distributing leaflets, posters, and trial lesson vouchers to anyone enquiring for lessons
- Provide an excellent customer service by being friendly and approachable
- Ensure that all coaching certification, DBS Checks and Safeguarding Workshops are kept up to date and are current
- Organising the admin side by updating player details on the database and keeping registers up to date on the system
- Helping to answer customer inbound customer enquiries and assisting with booking requests and sales
- Project Work (Successful candidates will work across one or more of the below projects depending on their skill sets, interests and priorities of the business)
- Venue Growth Plan - helping to research new venues to launch into across the UK producing data on demographics, competitor analysis etc.
- Graphic Design - helping to create new characters to help one of our brands enter the NFT and gamification market. Also working on developing a new fashion range. This would require creative skills
- Venue Management and Operations - learning to do marketing, sales, scheduling, equipment management, and recruitment to help develop a successful venue
- Technology - working on a series of new apps to help strengthen the product offering in the digital world. Also responsible for mapping out user journey flows and designing websites on the front end
- Commercial Sales - working on helping us land commercial deals in retail for a new athletic wear fashion range, as well as Be An Icon and Teddy Tennis product ranges
- Social Media - specifically working on developing our YouTube channel to build high quality content that we can put out on a consistent basis to grow our subscriber base. Apprentices will also work across other social media platforms including Tik Tok, Instagram and Facebook to ensure we are fully integrated
- Sales and Marketing - helping to contribute to new campaigns and initiatives to attract a younger audience for our brand and to ensure each venue is fully optimised with bookings
Day to day, the apprentices will be performing a mixture of on court activities with office work. Every day will be different and across the apprenticeship, we will give each apprentice the opportunity to work across multiple areas of the business to maximise their learning experience with us.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Richmond upon Thames College working in partnership with Harlequins Foundation, one of the world’s most famous rugby clubs
- Flexible delivery College/Harlequins/workplace
- Community Sports Activator Level 2
- ·Functional skills (Maths & English) if needed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Our vision from the apprenticeship scheme is to help equip an apprentice to be able to lead sessions across the spectrum of mini tennis (2-11 Years), so they have the confidence and knowledge to plan, coordinate and coach sessions which are fun, educational and inspirational - our three key pillars to a great lesson.
We would also help train the coaches so they have the experience and skill set to be able to successfully manage and grow a venue on behalf of the brand in accordance with our growth strategy. It would be our intention depending on the apprentice performance to give them the opportunity to build a long career with us!
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Sport (Grade Level 1 or 2) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
RICHMOND UPON THAMES COLLEGE
Community activator coach
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.