Apprentice Hairdressing Technician The Little Hair Boutique
We have an apprentice opportunity at our salon based in St Ives. This position will suit either a new apprentice looking to start their career, or ideally for a candidate looking to complete their Level 2 apprenticeship and progress onto Level 3.
Closing date: 04 Jan 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
06 Jan 2023
06 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Salon responsibilities will include:
- Greeting clients as they arrive
- Dealing with payments and appointment bookings
- Shampooing, draping and brushing out a client's hair before the cut or style
- Preparing colour treatments
- Supplying refreshments to clients
- Maintaining the presentation of The Little Hair Boutique salon at all times
- Cutting clients hair with close mentoring support and training provided.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be undertaking a Level 2 apprenticeship to become a Hair Professional. Opportunities to progress on to Level 3 for the right candidates.
The apprentice would be assigned an assessor through the College, who would typically come out to visit in the workplace to assess workplace competence. Day release attendance is once a week during term-time at Cambridge campus.
The practical training period is the time dedicated to the development of the knowledge, skills and behaviours for your apprenticeship which includes the following components;
• Level 2 in Hairdressing Apprenticeship Standard
• Hair Professional Standard Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours.
• Functional Skills Level 1 Maths and English (exemptions apply)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship (at Level 2) could lead to a possible position in a Hairdressing Technician role and the chance to continue on to a Level 3.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-D/9-3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.