L3 ICT Support Technician apprentice - UK Plumbing Supplies - Stockton Heath WA4 6HL UK PLUMBING SUPPLIES LIMITED
To assist with the support and administration of Company systems within UK Plumbing Supplies Limited (UKPS). This role within the Business Systems Support team of UKPS, involves the co-ordinating and supporting all the support activities that the team perform for the multiple businesses.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
£16,000 to £18,000 annually. To be discussed at interview
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
06 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Process incoming calls/emails in accordance with defined processes and priorities at agreed service levels
- To identify issues, provide and advise suitable solutions and actions
- Accurate logging and record keeping of all issues and queries in the UKPS IT Service Management Software
- Escalation and management of issues to 3rd Party vendors ensuring all parties are regularly updated on progress
- To become a core business system subject matter expert
- To provide support to the companies’ desktop solutions and management of active directory, user maintenance processes and Microsoft Office products
- Liaising with the Operational Support team as required to facilitate onsite systems and support activities
- To assist with User Acceptance Testing of systems enhancements, patches and bug-fixes
- To assist with the management and record keeping of all IT assets including hardware and software licensing
- Installation and configuration of systems applications when necessary and with third parties
- To assist other team members in testing, troubleshooting and diagnosing problems
- Ensure ‘best practice’ systems procedures are followed and adhered to
- Within a culture of continuous improvement, assist with the development and effective operation of the department by recommending new/different working practices and processes
- Assist the Business Systems Team with the planning of systems training courses, training material etc.
- Assist the Business Systems Team during the integration process of new Profit Centres
- Assist the Business Systems Team during the acquisition process of new companies
- To primarily be based in the Stockton Heath Service Centre
- To improve the efficiency and effective nature of the department
- To ensure the wellbeing and morale of colleagues within team
- To assist at whatever level necessary to compliment and improve the running of the team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Expected duration: 18 months
Apprenticeship level: Advanced (Level 3)
Programme: L3 Information Communications Technician
During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with The Apprentice and Training Partnership, delivered through combined weekly remote classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning working towards completing the L3 Information Communications Technician standard
The training covers the following core occupational duties:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with The Apprentice and Training Partnership, delivered through combined classroom-based training, workplace assessment / training and online learning, at the end of which you will have the ability to work as an ICT Support Technician
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
UK PLUMBING SUPPLIES LIMITED
TECHNICAL PROFESSIONALS LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.