Graphic Power are looking to take on an apprentice for an exciting position at our growing marketing and print agency. The ideal applicant will have a keen interest in working with graphics and different printers. You will be willing to learn new skills and be a quick learner, alongside being able to heavy pieces of equipment as part of your role.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Oct 2022
06 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working with different design software and print machines Design, proof and check different designs before they go to print
- Checking appropriate adobe software and then proofing designs before they go to print
- Design the graphics for using different software tools, proof to the client before printing to ensure they are happy with the design
- Manual lifting of heavy rolls of media
- You will also be working alongside the Production Manager to learn photography which will be required when doing photo shoots for different clients
- Managing the print machines and loading different types of media and inks, cutting out and applying graphics to the different units such as roller banners and pop-up stands
- Have a keen eye for detail to ensure all products that leave the building are to the highest standard for our client
- You will be taught how to properly use a camera, including lenses, lights/flashes, and all of the settings within the camera
- You will also learn how to properly process the images you take depending upon their intended use
- Finally, you may be asked to attend different sites
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The candidate will be required to complete the Level 3 Junior Content Producer apprenticeship standard at Hull College. You will attend the college one day a week in order to complete tasks to contribute to your portfolio.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship there may be the opportunity to progress into full-time employment with the organisation for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.