A fantastic opportunity is available to join one of the world’s leading quartz manufacturer for the semiconductor industry. Within this area of expertise, our customers take silicon wafers through the process of becoming computer chips. With this we produce & ship our products all over the world.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
£6.00 per hour Weekly £240.00
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
05 Oct 2022
07 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Analysing engineering drawings
- Cutting forming and joining material
- Using mechanised systems and metal inert gas (MIG) to weld.
Tig Welding – to produce clear concise welds
- Develop an understanding of melting points of different metals
- In training, you will work one-on-one with the Glassblower trainer in order to learn the specialized skill set needed to produce the work required. We will teach you how to work with quartz glass and to check & inspect your work
- Under close supervision, and following designed program, performs routine glass-working tasks in the shaping, forming and uniting standard glass materials in the fabrication of simple glass products
- Perform cleaning, grinding, cutting, and washing operations
- Work from well documented work instructions, production diagrams and/or blueprints on assignments where dimensions and tolerances are obtained and maintained
- Read and interpret a variety of technical drawings, blueprints, and technical manuals
- Precise usage of precision measurement equipment
- Good hand eye coordination for the artistic methods used while working with quartz
- Flexible attitude, and able to enthusiastically take on different challenges and tasks
- Read work orders, follow production drawings, and receive verbal and written instructions regarding duties which are to be performed
- Position and align parts in specified relationship to each other in fixture, lathe, or manually, using tweezers, vacuum chuck or hand instruments
- Load and unload annealing ovens and check parts for stress
- Report time and material movements in ERP system as required
- Maintain a safe, organized, and clean work area
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Metal Fabricator
- Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- This will be delivered through day release
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential progression within the team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.