You will be responsible for helping to prepare and present dishes in the larder and pastry sections. You will assist the rest of the kitchen team in preparing for service and help deliver dishes to the pass.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Fortnightly cash tips based on hours worked (current rate of apparel £1.30ph), sales bonus scheme after probation, complimentary food on shift, 50% staff discount for you plus a guest at all times, 28 days holiday plus Christmas Day off.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
05 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Food prep from basic ingredients to full dishes
- Successfully reading and delivering food checks
- Using the grill, fryers and microwaves to complete orders
- Plating up
- Checking off deliveries and putting away stock
- Completing daily prep lists
- Maintaining cleaning standards
- Ensuring your section is always closed down, restocked and ready for the next service
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 commis chef apprenticeship standard
- Basic food safety training
- Basic health and safety training
- Allergen training
- Level 1 functional skills in English and maths as required
- There is no day release for this apprenticeship, however, 20% of your role will be 'off the job' training to be confirmed with employer and training provider upon appointment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Should there be a full-time role available at the end of the apprenticeship we would be happy to discuss offering an ongoing permanent place within our kitchen team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SOLIHULL COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY CENTRE
01789 266 245
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.