Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship. Shadow other staff before going out alone, nutrition, cooking meals, medication, personal care, cleaning, care plans, welfare check, shopping, and being a friendly face to the service users.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
20 Nov 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Job Purpose: To provide support to Combe Home Care Service Users in line with the Organisation’s aim to provide a high quality, reliable support service tailored to suit each of our service users individual support plans and to promote independence and choice.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- To promote independence, life skills and informed choices in accordance with the individual care plan and to enhance inclusion in the community
- Respect for service users right to choose and refuse assistance
- Support for the service user in making informed choices
- The service users develop the ability to reach their full potential
- Service users are to support to maintain personal hygiene and appearance
- Service users are treated with respect always
- A safe environment for chosen activities
- Support is given to service users to manage their domestic and personal resources
- Provision of specialised care to clients with specific needs according to your own skills and qualifications
- There is a minimisation of risk to yourself and the service user during emergency situations
- Accidents or injuries are always reported, whether it be to yourself or the service user. In accordance with Combe Home Care policies and procedures
- To promote money management and independent life skills as required by the care plan
- To provide personal care where required which may involve assistance with; continence requirements; health and medication requirements; manual handling; eating and preparing meals; handling personal possessions; finances and cocuments; entering the home, room, bathroom and toilet; shopping
- To facilitate ensuring personal care provision is in a safe and appropriate environment, where directed through the care plan
- To promote effective communication and relationships with service users and work colleagues, and to be aware of communication differences and adopt an approach that minimises the effect of such differences
- To maintain records (e.g. care plans) where necessary, ensuring these are wholly accurate, up-to-date and completed in a timely manner
- To ensure confidentiality is maintained always, in keeping with GDPR – ensuring that a Service Users personal details are not disclosed to any unauthorised person and all records are maintained
- To demonstrate understanding and awareness of Combe Home Care’s Equal Opportunities Policy and be able to put this into practice in a working environment
- To contribute towards the protection of individuals from abuse, adhering to the Safeguarding Adults legislation
- To attend any meetings to contribute to the effectiveness of support delivery
- To attend supervisions and undertake any training required to perform the role more effectively, acknowledging any deficits in knowledge or practice, identifying training needs and formulating training plans with the direction of management
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Adult Care Apprenticeship, delivered via blended learning by Petroc.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To become part of the Combe Home Care team on a part time or full-time basis.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
COMBE HOME CARE LTD
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.