Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship The Marsh Academy
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to achieve a level 2 qualification whilst gaining employment experience at the Academy. You will work alongside the Maintenance Team, building an understanding of basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating skills.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
09 Oct 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working in partnership with East Sussex College, The Marsh Academy is offering an apprenticeship in Property Maintenance Level 2.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to achieve a level 2 qualification whilst gaining employment experience at the Academy. You will work alongside the Maintenance Team, building an understanding of basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating skills. Duties will include but not limited to:
- Litter picking
- Opening/locking gates
- Planned maintenance tasks
- Reactive maintenance tasks
- Escorting contractors
- Disposing of site waste
- Delivering items to departments
- Light cleaning duties
- Setting up for events.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Property Maintenence Operative Level 2
East Sussex College will provide the training to achieve Skills / Knowledge / Behaviours / modules / learning outcomes / assessment criteria to demonstrate competency in the apprenticeship
A Property Maintenance Operative will use their knowledge and understanding of basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing and decorating to undertake basic Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing and Decorating.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Qualifications/Certification achieved on completion:
- Apprentices will receive a certificate upon successful completion. Awarding Body City and Guilds.
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE grade D - E or level 3 - 2) unless exempt.
- The apprentice will be recognised by the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM) providing Associate Membership for the apprentice whilst studying. BIFM have confirmed
resources and learning materials will be available for the apprentice to support them throughout their learning journey.
- Completing this apprenticeship programme with its transferable skills will enable progression into roles such as a Technical Specialist e.g. Electrical or Plumbing and Supervisory and
Management roles e.g. Facilities Management, across a wide range of sectors.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.