Administration and Receptionist Apprentice Clifton Road Surgery
A great opportunity has arisen within a busy doctor’s surgery where they require a Front of House Receptionist and Administration Apprentice to join their team. They are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is wanting a career within this sector.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
03 Oct 2022
02 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Greet all patients on arrival whilst on the front reception desk
- Answer the telephone and deal with or re-direct enquiries
- Handle general enquiries, referring where necessary
- Make new and follow-up appointments
- Register new patients, following Practice Policy (advise new patient appointment needed with Health Care Assistant and provide patient with the relevant paperwork)
- Record requests for home visits on the computer system and extract relevant paperwork
- Charge patients the appropriate amount for private work, providing a receipt to the patient and recording the charge in the petty cash book
- Receive all deliveries and notify the relevant recipient immediately, any refrigerated items must be dealt with and urgently refrigerated. Any patient specimens must be refrigerated and, if necessary, the nurse team notified
- Check email account and prescription box for repeat prescription requests
- File prescriptions in prescription box once signed by the doctor
- Open, date stamp, sort and scan all incoming post on a daily basis
- File the post and any other relevant documents in the administration tray
- Each morning, undertake the opening up procedures/protocol, check heating and ventilation and ensure fire doors are unlocked
- Each evening, leave the reception area tidy and ready for incoming colleagues
- Ensure the waiting and clinical rooms are tidy
- Ensure information regarding unsolved or urgent problems are passed on
- Complete the start of day and end of day checklists when working an early or late shift i.e. turning off PC’s, printers and lights etc.
- Ensure that all windows are shut and lock up the premises securely
- Undertake any other duties as agreed with the Practice
- Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Line Manager or Practice Manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration Standard
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This could lead to a full-time position upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.