Working closely with the signs operations team and assisting with the operation of Flatbed and Roll to Roll UV printer and cutting equipment; Canon and Zund machinery, to manufacture commercial and bespoke signage. Assist with audits as requested and contribute to the annual stock check.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
02 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
· Manufacturing commercial and bespoke signage using the Canon flatbed printing machine, working with the Supervisor to ensure the machine is utilised to maximum capacity.
· Laminating and vinyl cutting operations. Mounting and laying up vinyl to various substrates.
· CNC router operation, operating a seamless manufacturing process from print to cut.
· Assist with maintaining accurate stock levels within the system by ensuring orders are picked accurately.
· Report stock issues and highlight where customer orders could potentially be delayed.
· Assist with completing stock audits as requested, feeding back to the Supervisor and Quality Team.
· Support the business during annual stock checks.
Health and Safety
· Complete tasks in accordance with the risk assessments and notify the Supervisor of any potential non-compliance. Report accidents and near misses using the correct methods.
· Ensure the correct PPE is always used in the depot.
· Maintain excellent levels of housekeeping, ensure areas are free from waste and trip hazards etc
· Complete routine checks and cleaning processes for equipment used as required.
· Ensure works are carried out in accordance with processes.
· Contribute to continuous improvement by providing suggestions and feedback to Team Leaders and Management.
· Work to agreed timescales updating the Supervisor on progress. Maintain good communication with Team Leaders and Management at all times.
· All orders are to be wrapped, banded, and packaged as per the delivery method.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Print operative Level 2
- GCSE equivalent in Maths and English
- Undergo Zund flatbed router training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Digital Printer Operator
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.