Apprentice Nursery Assistant Level 2 CASTLE VIEW NURSERY LTD
Castle View Nursery is looking for an Early Years Apprentice to join their team in Mountsorrel. Looking after pre-school children you will be working to achieve your Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard. They are open to taking on a Level 3 Apprentice if you already have a Level 2 Childcare qualification.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
01 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Understanding and providing consistency of care and activities for the children and be able to recognise both individual and group
- Following the Early Years Foundation Stage framework to plan a
range of activities both inside and outside the nursery, reflect and
evaluate the overall outcome
- Observing, monitoring and assessing both individual and groups of children within the nursery’s key person system and provide accurate and up to date records of the children
- Working in partnership with parents and carers and encourage their involvement in the setting
- Understanding child protection issues and follow the Safeguarding
- Prepare and serve food and drinks to the children in accordance with their dietary requirements, encouraging healthy eating and promote positive social skills during mealtimes
- Ensure children’s personal care needs are met, encouraging them
where appropriate to be independent
- Maintain thorough the day the nursery’s cleanliness
- Participate in the nurseries free flow system
- Display exemplary practice and conduct at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
L2 Apprenticeship Standard in Early Years Practitioner.
Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required).
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- All apprenticeship appointments take place in the workplace
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We would hope that the practitioner will become fully qualified and to continue their practice with Castle View Nursery, upon successful completion of their Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.