Are you interested in starting a career in childcare in a popular local village pre-school in Southmoor? We have an exciting opportunity to expand our team, to offer the right candidate an apprenticeship to study for their level 2 in Early Years. 32.5 hours per week, 8.30am - 3.00pm Term Time Only. We would also consider a Level 3 apprentice.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
This is a Term Time Only role so the actual pro-rata wage to be paid is £6782.10 This is calculated over approximately 44.06 paid weeks per year (of which approximately 5 weeks are paid holiday)
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
23 Oct 2022
01 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum for guidance
- To help to set up the indoor and outdoor environment in accordance with our Teaching and Learning Policy for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session
- To act as a key person to a group of children, liaising closely and building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met under the supervision of the Lead Practitioner in the room
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members
- Attend meetings with parents as necessary, under Lead Practitioners supervision
- To advise the Lead Practitioner and/or the Pre-school Manager of any concerns e.g., regarding children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures
- To support meal times within the setting
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings
- To attend training courses as required and to take responsibility for your development
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is acquired as part of the job
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g., health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting, safeguarding etc.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly
- To promote the pre-school to current parents and potential customers
- To comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the Lead Practitioner and/or the Pre-school Manager, in accordance with the setting’s business plan/objectives
- To work positively and professionally as part of a whole team, assisting and supporting colleagues wherever required and being flexible whenever necessary
- To cooperate and work effectively with the management team, to ensure that the vision, philosophy and objectives of the Pre-School are met, positively promoting developments in policies and procedures to the team
- To be aware of the high profile of the Pre-School and to uphold its standards at all times
- To be an ambassador for the Pre-School both within the Pre-School and in the wider community
- To commit to and complete a learning programme to complete Level 2 or Level 3 qualification under the support and supervision of Deputy Manager and Manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- English functional skills Level 1 (if apprentice has not already achieved this previously)
- Maths functional skills Level 1 (if apprentice has not already achieved this previously
Training and assessment methods:
- Workplace-based delivery
- Regular scheduled visits from college training-coordinator and assessor
- Creation of a professional portfolio
- Professional discussion with assessor
- Multiple-choice assessment questions
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for a permanent position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.