Upholstery Sewing Machinist Apprenticeship MANTHORPE FURNITURE LTD
We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Apprentice to join our Upholstery Sewing team. The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of Upholstery Sewing through WEBS structured training programme as well as on the job training. You will learn practical skills and techniques to produce different types of soft furniture.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
performance increase in wage after probation
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
01 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working with a large range of materials including fabrics and leathers
- Cutting various materials for ready for upholstery
- Patten matching fabrics within tolerance
- Using a range of trimmings and finishing’s including buttons, facings, piping, and decorative studs
- Using traditional methods such as slip stitch, tacking and hand sewing
- Use a range of hand tools including scissors, shears, staple lifter
- Cutting materials with templates
- Working on Sewing Machines and Cutting Machines
- Sewing fabrics ready for upholstery
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
During your Furniture Manufacturing Level 2 apprenticeship programme you will receive training both off and on the job. You will be required to attend WEBS Training on Block release basis which is five times per year for a week at a time, the rest of the time you will be within the workplace. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project. Training will be provided in all areas of Sewing and Cutting to ensure you can create practical and bespoke soft furnishings.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Modern Upholstery Level 3, traditional Upholstery Level 3, Supervision or Furniture design Level
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
WEBS TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.