Apprentice business administration, visitor receptionist and reprographics support The Joseph Whitaker School
Job Purpose: • Provide the first point of contact for visitors to the Academy • Provide the first point of contact for telephone enquiries to the Academy • Provide administrative and reprographics support as required
Closing date: 19 Oct 2022
This is an all year round position, which means that the annual leave entitlement can be taken throughout the school year.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
26 Oct 2022
01 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
• Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous attention to parents and other visitors to the Visitor Reception area on a day-to-day basis
• Be present at Visitor Reception at all times, other than during designated break periods, in order to welcome visitors
• Ensure that visitors:
Sign in using the agreed Academy system
Are issued with a Visitor Badge
Sign out using the agreed Academy system
Return their Visitor Badge
• Receive deliveries of mail and parcels etc. and to alert those responsible for their distribution or collection
• Ensure that the Reception area is kept in a pristine condition at all times
• Ensure all telephone and personal enquiries are dealt with efficiently and effectively in a way which promotes a positive image of the Academy; route such calls to appropriate extensions or receive and pass on messages intended for members of staff or students
• Report telephone or other faults to the Network Director
• Receive and sort into categories for distribution all inward mail
• Ensure that all mail is distributed throughout the Academy using established systems and channels
• Log-in and store small signed-for parcels or letters and inform staff of items to be collected and signed-for
• Sign courier sheets or machines for large parcels that are to be left in the parcel room
• Ensure that the Academy’s email address is opened daily and that correspondence is distributed accordingly
• Arrange courier services as required
• Ensure that all electronic message boards within reception are turned on between 8.00 am and 4.30 pm
• Be vigilant to ensure that all persons entering through the main front door report to reception
• Keep a general oversight of the area in front of the school both to ensure that vehicles are parked correctly and that general matters of security are in order
• Provide administrative and reprographics support to the Administration Office or Student Services office as required
• Provide support for the administration and taking of school photographs
• Maintain a sound working knowledge of manual and ICT based administrative systems and procedures used in the Academy
• Identify and pursue opportunities to improve the efficiency of internal procedures and working and arrangements and take maximum advantage of the potential offered by systems including SIMS
• Identify opportunities for job enrichment as well as introducing systems and process improvements through simplification or integration to deliver improved efficiency and lower costs
• The effective and efficient use of resources
• Undertaking any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, as specified by the Headteacher or the Office Manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This is a work-based programme which means that all of your learning will take place on the site of your employment and within your contracted working hours. We host supporting workshops regularly throughout the apprenticeship which you can attend in person at our Derby Road campus or virtually via Microsoft Teams.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship there may be the opportunity to move into a full-time/ permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.