We have an exciting opportunity for you to join a skilled workforce and become a warehouse operative apprentice within an industry leading company.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
31 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be:
- Putting materials away, (typically we receive lots of material into our warehouse in 250/500kg lots, which we break down into more manageable bundles.
- Putting orders up, maximum bundle handled is 20kg without the use of handling equipment or additional assistance, (Max 20kg per person).
- Assisting drivers on deliveries.
- Some driving will be required but this is license/age/insurance dependent.
- Forklift operation (this is something that we will provide training for and will be license/age/insurance dependent.
- Wrapping metal to appropriate standards.
- Basic paperwork.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will receive training in the workplace supported by your employer and Sandwell College to gain your Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Diploma.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The company will support you all the way through your apprenticeship and could lead to possible future team leader roles.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.