Business Administration Apprentice Shooting Star Children's Hospices
Shooting Star Children’s Hospices look after children and young people who are not expected to reach their 18th birthday. This is a rare opportunity to join our small team of administrators who work in a unique environment which is unlike any other office. No two days will be the same, so we are looking for flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Closing date: 02 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
02 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To be present in the Front Office at Christopher’s on a full-time basis to ensure all staff, volunteers and visitors adhere to current infection prevention guidelines including the wearing of appropriate PPE and hand hygiene.
- To be the main day-to-day contact for reception volunteers.
- Ensuring relevant family signing in/guests/staff sheets are maintained.
- Maintaining the reception handover book and reception procedures manual.
- Undertaking switchboard and receptionist duties in the absence of reception volunteer.
- Overseeing the internal/external mail system, ensuring it is correctly processed. Including ensuring that the franking machine is fully credited and fax machine/photocopiers are in full working order.
- Ensuring the safe handling of cash and cheques received by the charity, including donations.
- Maintaining the stock levels of stationery and office items, ensuring items are ordered and correctly recorded.
- To provide ad hoc administrative support as required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
With on-the-job training from the Employer the apprentice will work towards a Diploma in Business Administration Level 3 and Functional Skills in English and maths at Level 2 if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are a range of administrative jobs at SSCH both in the care and fundraising teams. Should there be an appropriate vacancy towards the end of the apprenticeship period, the candidate would be eligible to apply as an internal candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
WAVERLEY BOROUGH COUNCIL
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.