At Ebor Gardens Primary Academy we provide the best education for all our pupils in a happy, caring and healthy environment. We provide a broad, balanced and creative curriculum that is stimulating and challenging, preparing children for life in modern Britain.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
31 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
To work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher. ·
To support access learning for pupils and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom. ·
Provide general support to staff and pupils, including preparation and routine maintenance of resources/equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
- To supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Support pupils in accessing learning activities as directed by the teacher. Support for the Teacher
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work.
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed.
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested and other basic record keeping.
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
- Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed.
- Provide clerical/administrative support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting/recording money etc.
- Ensure the maintenance of a clean and orderly working environment.
- Timely and accurate preparation of routine equipment/resources/materials as set out in instructions.
- Assist the teacher with learning activities ensuring health and safety and good behaviour of pupils. Support for the Curriculum
- Support pupils to understand instructions.
- Support pupils in respect of aspects of learning with the curriculum.
- Support pupils in using basic ICT as directed.
- Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use.
- Monitor and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies.
- Operation of everyday equipment in accordance with instructions.
- Maintenance of everyday equipment, check for quality/safety.
- Undertake simple repairs and report other damages.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Development of skills will be supported by a workplace mentor in conjunction with one full day in college per month. An assessor will undertake workplace visits and will support the apprentice with their learning and employment.
- Early years educator Level 3
- Paediatric First Aid
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression to Level 3 STLS Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4 or equivalent to A-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Leeds City College apprenticeship team
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.