At Victoria Primary Academy we provide the best education for all our pupils in a happy, caring and healthy environment. We provide a broad, balanced and creative curriculum that is stimulating and challenging, preparing children for life in modern Britain.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
31 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To work under the direct instruction of teaching/senior staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher.
- To support access learning for pupils and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
- Provide general support to staff and pupils, including preparation and routine maintenance of resources/equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support for Pupils
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs and implement related personal programmes, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters.
- To supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning.
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate.
- Support pupils in accessing learning activities as directed by the teacher.
Support for the Teacher
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of pupils work.
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed.
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested and other basic record keeping.
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
- Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed.
- Provide clerical/administrative support e.g. photocopying, typing, filing, collecting/recording money etc.
- Ensure the maintenance of a clean and orderly working environment.
- Timely and accurate preparation of routine equipment/resources/materials as set out in instructions.
- Assist the teacher with learning activities ensuring health and safety and good behaviour of pupils.
Support for the Curriculum
- Support pupils to understand instructions.
- Support pupils in respect of aspects of learning with the curriculum.
- Support pupils in using basic ICT as directed.
- Prepare and maintain equipment/resources as directed by the teacher and assist pupils in their use.
- Monitor and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies.
- Operation of everyday equipment in accordance with instructions.
- Maintenance of everyday equipment, check for quality/safety.
- Undertake simple repairs and report other damages.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Development of skills will be supported by a workplace mentor in conjunction with one full day in college per month. An assessor will undertake workplace visits and will support the apprentice with their learning and employment.
Apprentices will complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification and a first aid qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression to Level 3 STLS Apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4 or equivalent to A-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Leeds City College apprenticeship team
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.