Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship at Wath Academy Wath Academy
A fantastic opportunity as arisen to join the team at Wath Academy as a teaching assistant. The teaching assistant will carry out various duties throughout the working week and will support exceptional learning experiences that will enable young people thrive.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2022
On successful completion of 6 months probation period , wage will rise to NMW.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
30 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Weekly duties could include:
- Setting up the classroom ready for lessons & clearing away afterwards to maintain a safe & clean environment.
- Assisting Teachers in preparing the lesson, materials & school equipment
- Recording & reporting a pupil’s progress to the Teacher
- Helping pupils stay focused during class hours.
- Supervising group activities & outings
- Helping Teachers manage student behaviour.
- Looking after students who are unwell or upset.
- Providing an healthy & safe learning environment for students
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Qualification gained will be Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship
- All learning will take place on site in the workplace.
- You will learn:
How pupils learn & develop
How to use technology to support learning & own role
How to work with teachers to support assessments
Knowledge of curriculum
How to keep children safe in education, safeguarding & health and safety
How to develop strategies to support & encourage pupils to move towards independent learning
Communication & teamwork
How to solve problems & motivate pupils
How to build relationships
How to add value to education
Professional standards in teaching & education
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As well as ensuring full competency as a Teaching Assistant, this standard provides a foundation for potential progression into a number of career paths in the Educational sector including Higher Level Teaching Assistant, Assistant Teacher and Teacher.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Functional Skills Math's & English (Grade Level 2) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
INDEPENDENT TRAINING AND EDUCATION CONSULTANTS LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.