Building Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship Sunbelt Rentals
Our Apprentices are the future of our business. On our 15-month apprenticeship programme you will learn the skills to become a successful Building Maintenance Operative with a fantastic range of future career options ahead of you. With the current levels of advancement in technology, there could not be a more exciting time to join us.
Closing date: 16 Oct 2022
Age related annual starting salary of between £14,000 to £17,000 (increases annually), with a bonus at the end of each apprenticeship year completed, and on graduation.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
30 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Prepare, maintain, and repair the range of portable buildings available within our Accommodation business division
- Develop and utilise the joinery, plumbing and decorating skills required to ensure all buildings are completed to a high standard
- Understand how to successfully fit all necessary interior fixtures and prepare cabins for decoration
- Assess cabins for damage and potential faults, diagnosing and rectifying any issues while implementing effective repairs to meet Company and operational standards
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive service and maintenance records
- Understand how to comply with all safety guidelines, legislation, and regulations
- Develop in-depth product knowledge
- Build excellent working relationships with customers and understand their business needs and requirements
- Become an ambassador for our “Customer First” culture, resolving any issues quickly and keeping your colleagues and customers informed, so they feel truly valued
- Expand your team working skills with your colleagues and the wider Sunbelt Rentals team
- Manage multiple tasks and deadlines as part of a varied workday in a fast-paced operational environment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be completing a level 2 Property Maintenance Operative Apprenticeship Standard. This will be delivered using a combination of;
- Workplace experience to gain practical skills
- Guidance and training from an experienced workplace mentor
- Industry recognised training leading to an apprenticeship qualification. You will attend residential placements in block release at a training centre and may be required to travel outside of your normal working hours
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful completion of your apprenticeship you will be offered a permanent role, with one of the best rental equipment providers in the industry. The size and scope of Sunbelt Rentals affords a wealth of opportunity for future progression. We are increasingly investing in developing the skills of our apprentices, with additional wide-ranging training opportunities built into the programme, and the development of possible higher-level qualifications and career pathways post-graduation.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
CITY OF WOLVERHAMPTON COLLEGE
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.