Apprentice Vehicle Mechanical, Electrical & Trim (MET) Technician - Faringdon Site Perdal Body Repair Centre
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic person to start their career within the automotive industry. As an Apprentice Vehicle Damage MET Technician, you will work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. The successful candidate can expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
You will start on the national minimum wage for apprentices - this will be reviewed once you have successfully completed the probation period
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Oct 2022
30 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Tasks the successful candidate can be expected to carry out:
- Stripping and refitting all vehicle parts
- Rebuilding vehicle suspension and resetting the geometry
- Removing, replacing, and reinstalling SRS systems
- Reinstating the vehicle to pre-accident and a roadworthy condition
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Our training partner will deliver a high quality Vehicle Mechanical, Electrical & Trim (MET) Technician Level 3 programme here in our state-of-the-art bodyshop
- You will work alongside a highly skilled mentor - both will support you in becoming a skilled and qualified vehicle panel technician
- You will achieve certification in Refrigerant Handling and if required Level 2 English and maths Functional Skills
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Following completion of your apprenticeship you can expect permanent employment as well as opportunities to progress within Balgores into roles such as workshop controller, Vehicle Damage Assessor or Bodyshop Manager
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Vehicle damage mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.