Manufacturing and Print Apprentice SIMPLY CARTONS LIMITED
Simply cartons are looking to add 2 print machinist apprentices to their team. they are looking to bring in new members of the team to learn the skills and role to take the business forward with career longevity in mind.
Closing date: 30 Jan 2023
£9,004.32 to £17,784.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
01 Feb 2023
01 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Operating lithographic print machines to produce high quality cartons
- Assist No1 printer in the smooth running of the press
- Loading board and paper
- Keeping inks and chemicals topped up
- Loading printing plates
- Ability to work to a high degree of accuracy in colour, documentation, and procedures
- Responsible for helping meet all efficiency targets, improving quality, performing basic maintenance, working safety, and performing machine health and safety checks
- Responsible for ensuring that work area, equipment and machinery are kept clean and tidy
- Responsible for ensuring that all products are printed to a high standard, and all quality checks are carried out in accordance with quality standards procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Lean Manufacturing Operative level 2 apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This is a work based programme which means that all of your learning will take place on the site of your employment and within your contracted working hours. We host supporting workshops regularly throughout the apprenticeship which you can attend virtually via Microsoft Teams.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession. You will experience a blended learning model. You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position will be offered on succesful completion of the apprenticeship and career progression on longevity within the business is an expected motivation for the successful apprentice.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A-C) Desired
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.