Simply Cartons are looking to add a Die cutting machinist apprentice to their team. They are looking to bring in new members of the team to learn the skills and role to take the business forward with career longevity in mind.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2022
£9,004.32 to £17,784.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
03 Nov 2022
01 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Setting up and running Bobst and other die cutting machines
- Set up feeders
- Set up delivery. Configuring equipment, loading board, and operating machine and optimising machine capability
- Carry out reconciliation of quantity required, and quantity produced, ensuring the right number of sheets are effectively cut and creased within the specified deadline
- Inspect and pass work that is cut and creased, following procedures, and ensuing those cartons meet required specifications
- Meet production targets and complete any relevant paperwork
- Following Health and Safety procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2 apprenticeship standard, including Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing qualification and Functional Skills if required.
This is a work-based programme which means that all your learning will take place on the site of your employment and within your contracted working hours. We host supporting workshops regularly throughout the apprenticeship which you can attend virtually via Microsoft Teams.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession. You will experience a blended learning model. You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time position will be offered on successful completion of the apprenticeship and career progression on longevity within the business is an expected motivation for the successful apprentice.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A-C) Desired
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.