An opportunity has arisen for an Apprenticeship role in a fast moving and ever-growing company. The role will be within both our Export Full Container Load Operations Department and the successful candidate will work closely with both our operations, documentation and commercial teams.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Starting wage of £14,000 – you will then receive increments every 6 months. Company aim for candidate to be on the national real living wage by the end of the 18 month apprenticeship.
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
03 Oct 2022
30 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Accountable to the Regional Manager for the overall running of all matters ensuring procedures are followed, profits are maximised, and customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Assisting clients with info on bookings, such as vessels, ETA’s etc
- Accepting and making bookings
- Creating and sending booking confirmations to the customer within an hour
- Handle any requests or queries from suppliers / clients surrounding the booking
- Ensuring NES customs references are chased/supplied prior to the container being loaded on the vessel
- Pushing to sell NES customs to client to create extra profit for the team
- Assisting with documentation when needed
- Attend monthly team meetings
- Manage your own time to best efficiency for the team
- Provide possible answers when presenting a problem
- Taking advantage of opportunities to increase the profitability of a job
- Negotiating deals with other carriers on bookings that are won in order to increase profitability
- Management and maintenance of supplier costs
- Benchmark and monitor key suppliers, ensuring most cost-effective deal for Cardinal
- Identify and establish relationships with key suppliers
- Identify and establish relationships with key clients
- Monitor and review the service provided by overseas agents
- Together with the Commercial team, work towards continued growth and development of the Brand
- Identify and explore opportunities to expand the services offered
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 International Freight Forwarding Specialist Apprenticeship standard, incorporating BTEC Intermediate Award in Multimodal International Freight Procedures
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of this Apprenticeship there is the possibility to progress further.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH ESSEX COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.