Business Administrator Apprentice St Bede’s. Catholic School & Sixth Form College
We wish to appoint Business Administrator Apprentice, to join our vibrant office team at St Bede’s Catholic School & Sixth Form College. St. Bede’s is a highly successful, oversubscribed, outstanding school, located within easy travelling distance of Durham, Newcastle and Sunderland.
Closing date: 24 Feb 2023
Apprenticeship wage for year one is £6.60 per hour, on completion of first year, apprentices will be paid the National Minimum Wage for their age.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
30 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
St Bede’s Catholic School & Sixth Form College have an exciting opportunity for someone to join their administration team. The successful person will have a cheerful demeanour, provide administrative support in order to meet the needs of the school. You will play a crucial role in the smooth running of the main school office and provide support to all areas of school administration
● Answering and directing incoming calls or taking appropriate messages and forwarding these to the necessary persons. Respond promptly to concerns from parents, staff or students.
● Make outgoing calls, for example to arrange meetings or to obtain / relay information.
● Greeting visitors to the school and ensuring they are registered on the signing in system. Provide all visitors with a visitor’s badge, safeguarding and health and safety information.
● Answering student, parent, and staff queries either in person or over the phone.
● Ensure students sign in and out as appropriate, for example for appointments, study leave.
● Dealing with all incoming and outgoing post for the school, including examination post. This will also include franking outgoing mail and recording the associated expenditure.
● Preparing mailshots and organising the distribution to relevant staff, students and parents.
● General use of office equipment such as scanning, photocopying, shredding, filing.
● Maintain paper based and electronic data, documentation, filing and archiving systems, ensuring GDPR and Data Protection compliance in all record keeping procedures.
● Using school based electronic systems, including the school database and Office 365, in order to support all areas of admin.
● To assist with general admin tasks, including copy typing, filing etc.
● To assist with the reprographics services provided in the school. Work alongside the reprographics manager and complete staff requests for photocopying.
● Book rooms for visitors, meetings and staff in school.
● Coach bookings for school trips and activities.
● Learn other admin roles within the school to provide cover when needed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Training delivered by Access Training through a mixture of projects, training workshops and one to one support.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of the apprenticeship, there may be an opportunity for a permanent role within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C / 9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C / 9-4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ACCESS TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.