Cambridge Regional College are recruiting on the behalf of Meridian Trust, an expanding Academies Trust for their site based at Nene Park Academy. Meridian Trust are seeking passionate, technically IT minded individual to join their IT Department, enabling you to complete a qualification whilst gaining a wealth of experience along the way!
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
07 Oct 2022
26 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties would include:
- Providing 1st line support to customers
- Solving projector and interactive whiteboard issues
- Administrative support, including filing, word processing, and reprographics work and data input
- To liaise with students, families, and staff on behalf of CMAT
Setting up new machines and swapping faulty laptops
- Editing user accounts
- Installing and configuring software
- Installing computers in new IT suites
- Configuring network devices
- Responding to urgent IT issues around the site
- Ensuring that systems and software are implemented in line with the Trust’s IT policy
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Information Communication Technician Level 3.
The successful applicant will work with Meridian Trust, in conjunction with Cambridge Regional College to gain the above qualification through consistent assessment and training on the job.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their skills in a new environment with enterprise level equipment. They will be able to take on further responsibilities as they become more experienced and qualified across the Trust.
There is potential of permanent positions within the Trust upon the successful completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship, although this is not guaranteed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C and above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C and above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.