Commis Chef Apprentice Amanzi Restaurant
Amanzi Restaurant are offering an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Commis Chef Apprentice. You will learn exciting new skills and expand on your knowledge and experience in the kitchen.
Closing date: today
You will be working on a rota basis running from Monday to Sunday. Hours will be discussed in more detail at interview.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
26 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Amanzi prides itself on cooking everything from scratch and as such you will be trained to buy in whole ingredients and create plates of food that are both tasty and pleasing to the eye.
We are looking for an apprentice to join our team that is willing to learn our way of creating food.
You will work alongside the head chef in preparing food, cooking elements of a dish and presenting it. Other duties will include:
- Helping to keep the kitchen clean
- Adhering to food safety standards
- Preparing vegetables, fish and meat
- Helping with deliveries
- Re-stocking and assisting with stock rotation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship Standard
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor
- You will be required to attend Cornwall College Camborne on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Ability to progress to Chef de Partie and even to Head Chef in time with the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
38 ARWENACK STREET
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.