Ford Masters Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship THORNBURY MOTORS LIMITED
You will be working alongside qualified technicians where you will be trained in all aspects of the maintenance and repair of light vehicles, from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
26 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
An exciting opportunity for the Apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever-changing technological developments within the car industry. Day to day tasks will always vary but will normally include:
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
- Light Vehicle technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly
The Light Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three categories:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Will attend Henry Ford Academy on block release
- Apprentices will be working, and will be trained, within the dealership and a skills coach will visit at least every 28 days as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course. An Apprentice’s training includes:
- Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Standard
- Functional Skills in English and maths (If required)
- Certificate that meets the EU’s 2014 F-gas regulation
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of authority including a Master Technician.
- The opportunities are endless.
- By having a highly regarded set of skills, Apprentices can go on to develop their career within specific interests they may have.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.