Housing Plus Group are looking for an Accounts Apprentice to carry out varied interesting duties to give you a wide range of experience across different finance/accounts functions. Alongside your job role you will complete an Assistant Accountant Level 3 apprenticeship delivered by Babington.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2022
£9,379.50 to £18,525.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
26 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will provide support to the Finance team and to develop the necessary skills through practical and off the job training and work experience to help secure a future role within the department.
- To support the Group Ledger Supervisor in the processing of purchase and sales ledger transactions: To register invoices from suppliers in a timely and accurate manner and circulate to appropriate management for authorisation in line with the Group’s authorisation matrix
- To match all invoices received to physical GRN to ensure goods/services have been received and contact suppliers for proof of delivery when required.
- To ensure the VAT coding being used is correct to maximise recoverable VAT.
- To carry out supplier statement reconciliations in line with monthly processes.
- To ensure to timely allocation of direct debit payments to invoice
- To assist the rents team in the processing of rent accounting transactions, ensuring rent accounts accurately reflect any payments received from customers.
- To provide cover on system/process led activities, including downloading reports from external sources and uploading information into the Groups housing management systems.
- Preparing and presenting reports as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will take part in 6 hours a week off the job training within the working week, online to obtain an Assistant Accountant Level 3 qualification delivered by Babington.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time employment upon completion of successful apprenticeship
- Internal progression across the finance function.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.