Apprentice IT Technician (South Charnwood High School) South Charnwood High School
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice IT Technician with South Charnwood High School, an academy based in Leicestershire.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
26 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Install, maintain, upgrade hardware (e.g. Chromebooks and classroom projectors).
- Assist with the installation, maintenance and upgrading of software.
- Assist with the allocation and administration of user logins (e.g. Google and Windows), properties and permissions on the system, adding and deleting users as necessary.
- Provide support to ensure the efficient management of IT security and backup systems, in accordance with agreed procedures and to minimize potential data loss.
- Liaise with external IT companies if Network Manager is not available.
- To control stock and order IT equipment, seeking approval for purchases where necessary, to ensure value for money, and minimum disruption to usage of IT equipment by students and staff.
- Tracing abuse and misuse of all systems.
- Update IT inventory.
- Assist Reprographics Officer with printer jams and replacing toners.
- Assist with replacing wireless access points and CCTV cameras.
- Assist Classroom Teachers and Learning Support staff with IT related activities.
- Replace broken peripherals such as mice, keyboards, monitors and speakers.
- Assist teaching staff with portable devices such as tablets, phones and laptops.
- Assist with cable installations and to learn how to make cat 5 cables.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.