Level 2 Nursery Apprentice at Yew Tree Nursery, Yeovil YEW TREE NURSERY LIMITED
Apprentice Early Years Practitioner required at Yew Tree Nursery in Yeovil. We are looking for someone with a love of working with children where you will gain an Early Years Level 2 qualification. Ideally you will have a passion for working with children and enthusiasm and energy for the job role.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
13 Oct 2022
26 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Carrying out planned activities under the direct guidance, direction and supervision of the Nursery Manager/Room Leader. This may include activities such as cooking, group time, stories, play-acting, singing, etc to stimulate children’s language, promote questions and develop ideas
- Being a member of the team providing high quality childcare provision, including taking care of children’s personal needs such as feeding, toileting, and self-care
- Helping implement a planned curriculum which leads towards the meeting of agreed objectives and targets
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of children in a safe learning environment inside and outside, including following nursery hygiene and health and safety procedures
- Keeping records as directed by the Child Care Manager/Leader/Supervisor
- Reporting matters of potential concern to the Nursery Manager/Room Leader
- Sharing responsibility for the care, presentation, display, safety, organisation and appearance of the facilities and equipment
- Being committed to the principles of equality of opportunity for all
- Reading, discussing, understanding and implementing all policies
This role may be closed early if a sufficient number of applications are received.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in English and maths if required
- End Point Assessment – Knowledge Test and Professional
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression to Level 3 Early Years Educator.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.