Customer Administrator Apprentice INSTRUMENTS DIRECT SERVICES LTD
Instruments Direct Services are looking for a Customer Administrator Apprentice to join their growing and busy company. This role will be customer centric and varied, to help you get a broad range of experiences and become a valued part of running their small business.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Once you have passed you apprenticeship, you would then qualify to be part of the company bonus scheme.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
25 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for someone to come aboard as out customer administrator team member, to assist in everyday admin and no day will ever be the same. We are a small close-knit team, with a history of apprenticeships turning into permanent long-term jobs.
Duties will include:
- Inbound Calls - We aren’t big enough to have a full-time receptionist so it will be your job to answer the phone in a timely manner and forward it on when needed
- Creating quotations to match the customers’ needs - We get enquiries via the website/email/telephone, depending on the enquiry, some will need guidance on what would best suit their application or requirements, this could be as simple as a quick email back with a few questions or a video call with a mini demonstration of the equipment
- Raising quotations - The step before a customer placing an order is a quote, we have a process in place which you would need to follow. This means raising a quote that has been requested, the follow up jobs will include a call up or email, this is repeated at various times until the quote becomes an order or is no longer needed
- Receiving and administering orders - Once a customer is happy with a quote the order will need to be processed and products will need to be sourced. The customer’s order will also need confirming with an accurate delivery time. For this process we have templates and systems in place to make it very straight forward
- Receiving Deliveries - When goods arrive in from suppliers they will needed to be checked and booked into our system
- Despatch - Once we have all the parts for a customer order we box it up and ship it to them via courier
- Liaising with the current team to achieve the company goals - We have set of 1, 3 and 5 years company goals, each team member plays their part to help to shape and achieve them
- Customer care calls - Calling up or emailing existing customers to see how things are going with their purchased equipment and to see if they need any training, additional products or would like to leave a review!
- Attending UK based exhibitions (this may mean staying away) - We have numerous exhibitions throughout the year, from a small Chemistry conference to the BETT show. The Biggest exhibition in the Ed-Tech world is the BETT show, we have stand near the likes Google Education and Microsoft Education, the BETT show its truly a great experience and you get to meet so many interesting people from around the globe
As company we believe that you should enjoy what you do. We pride ourselves in getting it right first time for the customers, going the extra mile wherever we can. We only supply products that will stand the test of time and will what they should do reliably, this has led to the company growing during restrictions.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administrator
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project presentation
- 14 sessions delivered at Loughborough (Thurs AM)
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We would be looking at keeping you on permanently as part of the team and you could have the opportunity to manage our next apprentice!
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.