This vacancy is for a Maintenance Engineering Apprentice based in Burnley, Lancashire. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
26 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Read and interpret relevant data and documentation used to maintain components, equipment and systems
- Carry out condition monitoring of plant and equipment
- Carry out planned maintenance activities on plant and equipment
- Carrying out complex fault diagnosis and repair activities on high technology engineered systems such as:
- Maintaining mechanical equipment
- Maintaining fluid & pneumatic power equipment
- Maintaining electrical & electronic equipment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing (Foundation Competence)
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competencies) Mechatronics Maintenance Technician
- L3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Engineers work in high-tech, dynamic environments using state of the art equipment. They are inventors, designers and problem solvers, people who make a difference to the way we live. As trained professionals, engineers are well paid and highly respected. Many get top jobs and even manage their own companies. If you enjoy working as part of a team, like solving problems and have a practical flair, you will find engineering has a lot to offer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Technology (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LUPTON & PLACE LTD
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.