As a Business Admin apprentice, you will be mentored by a dedicated and qualified member of the Admissions team, and you will develop your professional skills whilst learning in your role. You will be flexible and adaptable, spending time in different departments, and shadowing other job roles, to gain an understanding of the whole organisation.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
You will get a good salary, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays pro rata, Local Government Pension and benefits package, and great career progression and development opportunities.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
15 Oct 2022
26 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Process and monitor course applications and interview schedules
- Monitor and analyse regular application reports, assessing and progressing applications in accordance with College procedures and service level agreements
- Guide new students through the admissions process, dealing with face-to-face enquiries, telephone calls, and e-mail communications
- Work directly with teachers and learning managers to ensure that all necessary pre-enrolment information is received and recorded as required
- Help coordinate school liaison activity and events
- Attend internal recruitment events (e.g. College open evenings) and external careers fairs, working flexibly and independently as events are often during evenings, early mornings and sometimes at weekends
- Enable recruitment and guidance procedures to be carried out in line with best practice guidelines with regard to safeguarding, equality and diversity
- Ensure that the student experience as a City College applicant is outstanding
- Help advise students in their choices for education
- Be the first point of cover or support for main College reception as and when required, e.g. lunch, staff absence, and busy periods.
- Present the college in the best light at all times and ensure that all areas of personal activity comply with standards laid down by the college and relevant outside agencies.
- Undertake professional development and training to contribute to individual and College development as agreed through the College Performance Appraisal Scheme process.
- Carry out all duties with due regard to Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the Financial Regulations of the College.
- Positively promote equality of opportunity for staff and students.
- Carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
At the end of this apprenticeship you will have a Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship.
You will be required to come into St Marys Campus, City College Southampton one day a week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After the apprenticeship you will be able to work in a variety of Administration environments including Education.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTHAMPTON CITY COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.