We're looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working warehouse assistant to join our growing team in Ossett, Wakefield.
Closing date: 24 Nov 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
25 Nov 2022
30 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist with receiving, unloading, counting and stocking physical inventory in the warehouse
- Ensure orders are processed efficiently and that the delivery of materials meets customers' expectations and business timelines
- Pick items according to the order form
- Inspect items to ensure they're not damaged or faulty and adjust inventory accordingly
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, inventory space and work stations neat; sweep and vacuum
- Organise warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Order new supplies in a timely manner, including pre-paid shipping packaging, stationary, tissue paper, boxes, etc.
- Constantly work to improve processes
- Make suggestions for productivity improvements
- Communicate and collaborate with other team members
- Perform stock takes on all products in the warehouse
- Ensure that internal delivery processes are adhered to
- Identify errors and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures
- Monitor and maintain stock accuracy by ensuring physical stock is in line with the inventory management system and ensure all stock movements are recorded to ensure accuracy
- Liaise with, suppliers and transport companies as and when required in a timely manner
- Ability to be resilient, assertive, optimistic and open to change
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact failure/cost of poor quality
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The successful candidate will study a Level 2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative. This will be aided by an assessor who will carry out all assessments as work-based learning within the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to progress to permanent position within the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
WALKERS WINDOWS LTD
MEADOWHALL TRAINING LIMITED
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.