Welding Sheet Metal Apprentice BARTON ENGINEERING & EXPORT LTD
An excellent opportunity to work at an established, long standing Engineering firm, Barton Engineering. Specialising in high quality refurbishments and fit outs inside and outside of the UK.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
28 Oct 2022
24 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Welding, soldering and braising
- TIG and Stick welding
- Planning and preparing to weld and fabricate materials
- Interpreting technical specifications and drawings
- Checking that materials conform to the specifications
- Preparing materials ready for welding and fabricating
- Learn how to take precautions to control distortion
- Health and safety
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
General Welder Standard - Level 2
Maths and English Level 2 functional skills if required.
Attending Canterbury College (EKC Group) one day a week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Could lead to a full time permanent role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.