Apprentice Business Administrative Assistant Hemington Primary School
Hemington Primary School are looking for an apprentice to work closely with our Headteacher, the successful apprentice will be dealing with a wide range of tasks including reception duties, pupil attendance, school visits and events and general administration tasks. This role gives a great opportunity to have a successful career within the school.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2022
TERM TIME ONLY - The above wage is for full time. This role is £4.81 p/h for 37.5 per week for 39 weeks a year. May be performance increases in pay and extra bonuses.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
24 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful apprentice must have a flexible approach to working in a team, as well as on their own initiative. Training will be provided to ensure best use of office systems e.g. FMS, SIMS.
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and ICT skills is essential.
- Self-motivated and committed to deliver a high standard of work
- Well organised and able to work under pressure
- Able to demonstrate a positive attitude and ‘can do’ approach
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Have strong attention to detail
- Sensitive in handling confidential information
- Able to contribute to the ethos and values of our school
- Able communicate effectively with staff, pupils, families and the wider school community
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- L3 Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administrator
- Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project presentation
- 14 sessions delivered at Loughborough (Thurs AM)
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
- Attendance to Loughborough College for Functional Skills (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Firstly to become an Admin Assistant and then to move onto being a School Business Manager or Finance/Business Manager.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.