Surgery Reception and Administration Support Apprentice Friary House Surgery
This is a new and exciting opportunity for an outgoing and proactive candidate to become part of the customer facing team in a very busy GP Practice. Role will include regular contact with patients both face to face and over the telephone.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
24 Aug 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities will be varied but are primarily to support a busy reception area:
- Assisting with patients at the reception area
- Assisting with enquiries over the phone and face to face
- Booking in patients for routine appointments
- Handling general medical enquiries including liaising with GPs and other NHS contacts
- Administration tasks will include scanning of documents, photocopying notes and records, filing patient notes and general accurate record keepings tasks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Full Customer Service Practitioner - Level 2
- On the job training to support role development
- Off the job training (College attendance) to support qualification requirements
- Employer to allocate dedicated training time to complete Off the Job training requirements
- Functional Skills support (Maths/English) - if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of full time employment/progression upon successful completion of Level 2 qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade A*/9 - C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Friary House Surgery
FOCUS TRAINING (SW) LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.