We are looking for an enthusiastic and confident person with excellent communication skills to join our team based in Belton. Working within a GP Practice means that we are looking for someone who understands the importance of confidential information and applicants should have good attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
24 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To offer general assistance to the practice team and promote a positive and friendly image to patients and visitors on the telephone and in person
- Answering telephone and directing and assisting patients to the appropriate person or service
- Undertake a variety of administrative duties to help with the running of the practice
- Making appointments for patients in appropriate clinics
- Taking messages from patients, hospitals and other agencies and passing information on accurately and in a timely manner
- Scanning documents and capturing data and entering data into patient medical records
- Ordering stocks as directed by nursing team or practice manager
- Undertaking audits and acting upon those audits to contact patients either by text messaging, email or telephone
- Monitoring incoming emails and responding appropriately
- Posting information on practice website and Facebook
- Providing refreshments for staff and visitors and keeping kitchen area clean and tidy
- Helping to produce information for electronic and fixed notice boards
- Keeping reception area clean and tidy
- Any other duties deemed necessary to complete job role
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Business Administrator
End-Point Assessment (EPA):
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project presentation
- 14 sessions delivered at Loughborough (Thurs AM)
- Online portfolio to update with learning and development completed onsite
- Diarised visits from dedicated Trainer/Assessor
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are lots of opportunities within the NHS to progress after completion of the Apprenticeship, either in Reception, Administrative roles or into clinical care.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.