Apprentice Level 3 Pre-registration Pharmacy Technician Green Cross Chemists Limited - Oakbrook Pharmacy
We are keen to add to our committed workforce of healthcare professionals, pharmacy dispensary and medicine counter colleagues. These are the cornerstone of our healthcare delivery model, working across all our branches. They enjoy being part of a close knit, productive team and relish new challenges.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
26 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Dispensing prescriptions
- Accepting & Giving Out Prescriptions
- Processing electronic prescriptions
- Advising patients: in person and on the telephone
- Advising on OTC medicines sales
- Maximising dispensary revenues
- Engaging patients into Advanced Services
- Providing MDS services
- Maintaining current knowledge and high standards with Continual
- Professional Development (CPD)
- Maintaining high retail and dispensary housekeeping standards.
- Ordering stock in accordance with SOPs
- Receiving stock in accordance with SOPs.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Pharmacy Technician (Integrated) apprenticeship.
- Functional Skills maths and English Level 2.
- Training will take place at the workplace - no need to travel to a college.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once qualified as an MCA and ACT and registered with GPhC, applicants will usually have opportunities to become senior dispensary team members at one of our Sheffield pharmacies, potentially rising to Dispensary Manager.
- Applicants will have early opportunities to become involved in clinical activities and clinical service provision e.g. after suitable qualification, most of our PTPTs/ACTs administer seasonal flu vaccinations and it is anticipated that the range of vaccinations offered via community pharmacy will increase.
- You will also be involved in blood pressure testing and monitoring.
- The clinical service offering from community pharmacies is increasing all the time.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or equivalent) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4 or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BUTTERCUPS TRAINING LIMITED
Apprenticeship Onboarding Team
Pharmacy technician (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.