Surgery Reception and Administration Support Apprentice Oakside Surgery
A new and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and customer friendly candidate to become part of our Reception based administration support team as part of Oakside Surgery.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday 35 hours per week - 30 minutes unpaid lunch break (working times will be confirmed at interview).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
06 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for someone who is friendly, enthusiastic and ambitious, and would work well within a small yet very busy customer-based team. Tasks will vary but could include:
- Assisting patients in the reception area with face-to-face enquiries/support where necessary
- Assisting with patient telephone enquiries and liaising with other NHS/GP partners as necessary
- Booking routine medical appointments
- Support with administration tasks as necessary such as scanning documents, filing records, maintaining patient files etc.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard:
- On the job training as necessary to support role development
- Off the job training (College attendance) to support qualification
- Employer will allocate dedicated training time to support Off the Job training requirements
- Functional Skill support in maths/English - if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of future employment/progression opportunities upon successful completion of Level 2 qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade A*/9 - C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
GUY MILES WAY
FOCUS TRAINING (SW) LIMITED
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.