This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to train as a Digital Printer and Finisher whilst gaining a nationally recognised apprenticeship standard qualification. We are a progressive company based in Poole, Dorset, with plans for the future and need the right people to fulfil those plans.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
Under 18: £5.00 per hour Aged 18 and above: £7.00 per hour, rising after 1st year of apprenticeship There could be the opportunity for overtime or shift working, providing there are enough staff look after and advise the apprentice.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
23 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful candidate will be working towards a set of core competencies so that they have the right basic skills, attitudes, and behaviours for a digital printer/finisher in a production environment, where they could become a leading member of the team in years to come.
This apprenticeship will include supporting the team with all aspects of day-to-day production and general duties and helping to provide high quality labels and flexible packaging to all Harkwell’s customers.
Duties will include:
- Print Finishing: Learn all aspects of our ABG finishing equipment
- Pouch Finishing: Learn all aspects of the Karlville, Laminator, Slitter, Conversion line
- Printing: Learn how to use an HP Indigo press
- Read works instructions to determine instructions and specifications for machine
- Study artworks or other instructions to determine equipment setup requirements
- Help out in dispatch, learn the end of process business, help out holiday cover etc.
- Learn about materials
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions or to determine whether adjustments are needed
- Watch operating equipment to detect malfunctions
- Maintain records, such as daily production records. Record operational or production data. Using MIS (Management Information System)
- Clean production equipment
- Repair production equipment or tools
- Prepare finished products for shipping
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a L3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard
The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "off-the-job" requirement of the apprenticeship.
Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by the Harkwell Production Manager, Business Development Manager and the BPIF. You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs. Most training and studying will be a combination of remote and site-based.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship the learner could be offered a role to reflect their qualification and experience within the production department or other areas within the business, should there be a position available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.