This is an excellent opportunity to begin your career in engineering with a company with over 90 years of experience, set in the industrial heart of Birmingham. The position will involve working closely with a skilled and experienced team looking to develop your own knowledge and ability,
Closing date: 30 Oct 2022
£280 per week
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
15 Nov 2022
23 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of the Engineering Manager
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department
- Carry out planned maintenance work in accordance with the department schedule
- Responding to breakdowns and diagnosing faults
- To learn how to maintain workshop equipment and keep it in good repair
- Carry out quality inspections on completed jobs to assess the effectiveness of the repair
- Ensuring all activity comply with the companies Health and Safety legislation
- To maintain and to ensure general housekeeping of the workplace and department equipment
- Basic building maintenance tasks and to perform any other duties appropriate to your role as requested by the Production Management team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Successful applicants will achieve a Level 3 Engineering Technician standard which includes:
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
Training is on the job with 1 day a week classroom training at James Watt Campus.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Established position within the organisation and possibility of progression into further qualifications and upskilling.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/Level 4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/Level 4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.