Whitelands Park Primary are seeking an Apprentice who they are keen to support and mentor as a Teaching Assistant. You would be trained to work inside or outside the classroom as a 1-1 or group support, looking after pupils physical, social and emotional welfare, supported by a Class Teacher and the wider school community.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2022
£9,254.44 to £18,278.00
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
03 Oct 2022
22 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Under the direction of teaching staff contribute strategies to support teaching and learning for securing best outcomes and promoting pupil independence
- Ensure pupils receive regular and constructive feedback with regards to their progress
- Liaise with other departments and staff as necessary to promote learning
- Look after children's physical, social and emotional welfare
- Work inside or outside the classroom with individuals or groups
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Teaching Assistant Standard is delivered through live, tutor led remote training half a day a month alongside 1-1 training, reviews and guided study.
English and maths Functional Skills Level 2 if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Whitelands Park Primary encourages the promotion and development of all staff and the opportunity for further study. There is the possibility this could lead to a full-time permanent position within the school on successful completion of the Apprenticeship. This is a strong route into teaching or other work within the public and education sectors.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4 or C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
Level 3 (A level)