Outdoor Activity Instructor Level 3 Apprenticeship KINGSWOOD LEARNING AND LEISURE GROUP LIMITED
Love outdoors? Become an expert in outdoor adventure and join our L3 Activity Leader apprenticeship! What to expect: Escape the ordinary and get ready to dive into nature, leading and delivering adrenaline-pumping activities such as water sports to high ropes courses. This is a unique opportunity, like no other. Join the Kingswood family.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Receive a £500 sign-on bonus Free food & accommodation for the first 12 months After 12 months this will deductible, with the best price across the industry for rent and food Rate goes up to £10.10 after 12 months
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
07 Nov 2022
22 Aug 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Leading high adrenaline outdoor activities using a range of specialist equipment
- Per week, 80% practical 20% off the job learning
- Undertaking various NGB (National Governing Bodies) qualifications
- Delivering a variety of outdoor and indoor based sessions
- Undergo around 50 pieces of technical training within outdoor activities
- Delivering activities in line with appropriate standards
- Inspiring teams in a motivational manner when delivering
- Offering excellent coaching and guest experience
- Coordinating evening entertainment sessions
- Ensuring all equipment and safety checks are conducted in line with company procedures
- Adhere to high-level Health & Safety and Safeguarding policies
- Working together with a fun team with a family feel
- Exciting independent lifestyle
- Working with experienced activity members to come up with innovative ideas of how to improve activities and engagement from guests during sessions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor Standard
A selection of National Governing Body qualifications, within Watersports, Outdoor Activities and Leadership
Gain: Safeguarding Level 1 & Outdoor First Aid
Around 50 pieces of technical training
Extensive experience and knowledge teaching with specialist equipment such as all of our high rope activities
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The world is truly your oyster.
Use your skills and qualifications gained during your apprenticeship to teach activities anywhere in the world. This is a direct route to teach within the outdoor industry worldwide.
Progress in a range of positions within the outdoor sector from Multi-Activity Leader, Environmental Education Tutor, Activity Instructor, Ranger, and National Park Guide.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Functional Skills Level 2 (Grade Pass) Desired
About the employer
SKERN LODGE LIMITED
Outdoor activity instructor
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.